BuddingBranches

Lower B/C

1JohannaKia ora, my name is Johanna O’Brien and I am the whanau leader of Lower B/C as well as the lucky teacher of Room 9. This is my first year teaching at Baverstock Oaks School and I am looking forward to getting to know everyone. I live by the sea with my husband, Wepiha and our two dogs, Beau and Koa. I was born and raised in Auckland and I am of Dutch and Irish descent. I enjoy spending time with family, watching movies, being outdoors and playing touch rugby. Over the summer holidays, Wepiha and I got married down in Queenstown and then spent 4 fabulous weeks travelling through Europe. I look forward to the year ahead.

TanyaHi, I’m Tanya Bonniface and I teach in Room 1. This is my sixth year at Baverstock and I enjoy coming in everyday to all the wonderful students. I really enjoy listening to music, chilling with my family and sleeping! Don’t be shy come and say hi and I am looking forward to a fun and spectacular 2018.

1 SioHello, I am Miss van Niekerk. I have lived in New Zealand for 13 years with my family. I am very lucky to have two beautiful nieces who bring so much joy to my life. I love travelling, trying new restaurants and spending time with family and friends. I look forward to a great year!​

1Jasmine

Talofa Lava! I’m Jasmine Vili in Room 10. This is my second year at Baverstock Oaks School. I am very excited to be working with Year 2 and 3s again. Looking forward to a year of learning, kindness and curiosity!

1 SallyHi! My name is Sally Shabbot, I have the pleasure of teaching in Room 11 this year. This is my sixth year at Baverstock Oaks School. I enjoy playing most sports but I am not necessarily good at them, I just like challenging myself to try new things. Growing up I was always playing outside with my three older siblings! Please feel free to pop in and say hi! Looking forward to a year full of adventure and fun!

Upper C

1Kellie

Namaste, I am Kellie Srivastava and I am whanau leader for Upper C as well as the teacher in Room 15. This is my third year at Baverstock Oaks and teaching year 2/3 . I got married just over two years ago to Pranay Srivastava and we had an amazing day celebrating both the European and Hindu cultures as one. My husband and I really enjoy travelling the world and exploring new places. I am really looking forward to the year ahead and working with your children. 

1EmmaHi, I am Emma Pottinger and I am the lucky teacher of Room 13! I have been teaching at Baverstock Oaks for nearly 4 years. I am excited to be working with Year 2 and 3 students, teachers and families this year. I am passionate about teaching maths and music. Over the summer I had a lovely time enjoying the outdoors and visiting friends in Sydney. I am really excited about this year and look forward to seeing each child learn and grow and reach their full potential! When I’m not at school I enjoy spending time with family and friends, playing the flute, travelling, and walking my dog.

1 jadeHi all, My name is Jade Wyeth and I am the lucky teacher to be in Room 14 this year. This will be my second term at B.O.S & I am loving it here. It’s amazing getting to know all of your children! They all bring such happiness to my day. A bit about me, I have a 4 year old daughter, Bailey who loves visiting Baverstock whenever she can. Before starting here I worked in Early Childhood Education to be closer to Bailey, for 2.5 Years. I love art & adventuring outdoors. We had a great summer, we spent time in Queensland, the Coromandel and day trips around Auckland. I look forward to spending with you and your family/whānau in 2018! Aroha Nui

1AshleyKia Ora! My name is Ashley Stratton. I am from Canada but completed my postgrad in teaching in Christchurch, and am now teaching in Auckland. I am excited to continue learning about New Zealand, and exploring Auckland. My favourite hobby is travelling and learning about new places and their culture! I also love to read, write, make crafts, explore the outdoors, and spend time with friends and family. Most importantly, I love teaching and am so excited to be in Room 16 this year!