A big welcome back to school to all our students and their families and a special welcome to our new students.  We hope you all had a wonderful holiday. We are really looking forward to connecting with you and your children and assisting them to learn and grow.

2019 Teaching Team

Year 3 Whānau

Room 5: Miss Sally Shabbot

Hi my name is Sally Shabbot and I am excited to be back teaching Year 3 in Room 5. This year I am looking forward to exploring new learning with the Year 3’s as we find out about how we ‘Only Have One’. I hope to be able to implement my new digital learning I gained last year while participating in the Mindlab Post Graduate Certificate in Digital Learning and Collaboration.

Room 6: Mrs Jasmine Tito

Talofa Lava, I am Mrs Tito in Room 6. This is my third year teaching at Baverstock Oaks School. I am excited to be working with year 3s again. My favourite subject to teach is writing, and I am passionate about the arts. I tutor the Baverstock Pasifikagroup, and there is an exciting whole school production to look forward to this year. A big welcome to all our families, wishing you all the best for the new year!

Room 7: Miss Alex Donaldson

Hello my name is Alex Donaldson and I am teaching in room 7 this year. 2019 is an exciting year as I begin the new challenge of teaching year 3. I’m looking forward to having students that are not the same height as me. I am born and bred in Auckland and am proud to call myself a Kiwi. Fish and chips at the beach are a staple part of my summer. When I’m not at school you’ll find me walking my dog Angus or going to concerts with my friends. During the holidays I ventured all the way to Thailand. The stunning beaches and friendly people certainly made up for the heat. I’m looking forward to all of the learning and excitement that will take place in our Year 3 Whānau!

Room 8: Miss Siobhan van Niekerk

Hello, I’m Siobhan van Niekerk and I teach in room 8. I am a huge fan of food, whether I’m taste testing or creating, being in the kitchen is my favourite place to be.  I love animals, especially cats and giraffes. Family is a very important part of life and it is a priority for me to spend lots of time with them, travelling around our beautiful country and making memories with my two nieces. This is going to be an exciting and fun filled year.

Mrs Sharon Law (Learning Assistant)

Hi I’m Sharon Law, and this is my 3rd year working as a Learning Assistant in Baverstock Oaks School. Prior to that, I had been volunteering around the school and that led me to take on the challenge to work with children with special needs. I am married to CK and have two children, Austin and Avril. We had a wonderful Christmas and New Year holiday exploring the top of North Island. It was absolute adrenaline rush sand boarding at Te Paki Giant Sand Dune! The view in Cape Reinga is amazing and it is incredibly awesome driving along 90 Mile Beach. My family and I love going to the beach, hiking, doing outdoor activities and watching movies during our leisure time.

Room 21: Mrs Johanna O’Brien (Whānau Leader)

Kia ora koutou, my name is Johanna O’Brien and I am the lucky teacher of the fantastic learners in Room 21. I was born and raised in Auckland and have proud Dutch and Irish heritage. My interests include watching and playing all kinds of sport, walking my dogs, Beau and Koa, going to the movies and travelling around the world with my husband, Wepiha. At school, I particularly enjoy teaching reading and maths. I have a background in dance and also enjoy sharing this with students. I look forward to getting to know many of you and working together to achieve positive learning outcomes for your children.

Mrs Traci Burke (Learning Assistant)
Hi my name is Traci Burke.  I have been at Baverstock for about 8 years.   My husband and I have 3 girls, two of them are here at Baverstock. At school I enjoy coaching the Cheerleading and Gymnastics Team.  Outside of school I coach cheerleading for Allstar cheerleading which my girls are involved in.  My family’s favourite time of the year is summer as we love going to Waihi Beach and swimming at all the secret beaches.

Year 4 Whānau

Room 13: Mr Robert Tuli

Malo ‘e Lelei, I’m Robert Tuli. This is my third year here at Baverstock and in the teaching career. I am the learning leader in Room 13 which consist of 29 beautiful year 4s. I’m also apart of the Baverstock Kapa Haka and Pasifika group, and enjoy encouraging students to sing and dance. I also tutor secondary schools, preparing them for Polyfest and this year I will be leading Onehunga High School and helping Otahuhu College.

Room 14: Mr Nick Gibbs

Kia ora. My name is Nick and this year I’m  returning to the Budding Branches Whānau to teach Year 4. I am keen on football and support Arsenal in the EPL. In my spare time I enjoy reading and traveling overseas with my wife Michelle. I have trained the very successful school Mathex team over the last four years, and look forward to great results again this year.

Room 15: Miss Holly Skipper (Whānau Leader)

My name is Holly Skipper and I will be teaching in Upper C this year. I am a very passionate and enthusiastic teacher and enjoy the arts. I have a real passion for music and am looking forward to also working with the Kapa Haka group this year. Outside of school you will find me on the beach or out fishing and my dog, Osca, will be right there with me. I love the outdoors. My personal philosophy is around developing positive relationships with all learners to support them on their journey to success. I am looking forward to 2019 and working with all of the students in Upper C.

Rachel Bramwell (Learning Assistant)

I live with my partner Sam and our 2 wonderful children – Benjamin aged 8 and Lexie aged 5. I grew up in NZ then spent 14 years in London and Melbourne. We moved back to NZ 6 years ago to be closer to family. We live near the beach in beautiful Maraetai. We love swimming, riding our bikes and camping.  One thing that not many people know about me is that I have my pilots licence.

Room 16: Mrs Liz Callaghan / Mrs Ali Robberts

Hi my name is Liz Callaghan and I am delighted to be back in Room 16 teaching Year 4. This is a great year to teach and I know we are going to have lots of fun learning together. On Fridays the lovely Alli Robberts takes Room 16 .  We have recently sold our house in Pakuranga and looking to move out of town, however I will stay and teach for 2019. I will be clocking up the miles driving back after my long weekends.

Hi folks. I am Ali Robberts and I am Room 16’s Friday teacher.  2019 looks to be a year of great learning and I am looking forward to being part of the Upper C team. Originally hailing from South Africa, I am now happily living in Auckland. I have a passion for reading, writing, gardening and anything relating to History.   Hopefully these interests will weave and thread their way into the classroom and my teaching.  I look forward to making strong and valuable connections with all of the students across the Whanau and getting to know many of the parents as the year progresses.

Some Important Notices for Term 1:

Sun Safety

All children must have their school sun hat every day at school during Term 1. Without a school sun hat, your child will be unable to go outside at break times. With the weather being so hot, it is also a good idea to send your child to school with a large drink bottle of water to keep them hydrated throughout the day.

P.E. Gear:

All Year 3 and 4 students are expected to bring their school P.E. uniform to school every day. Children must get changed into this at school, not at home. They must also change back into school uniform at the end of the day. Children can bring sports shoes and extra socks for P.E if they wish.

Named Clothing:

Every part of your child’s uniform should be named so that it can be returned to your child if it goes missing.

Issues/Concerns:

These need to be addressed first with the teacher concerned.

Digital Citizenship/Devices

If you are wanting your child to use a device at school, please ensure a Digital Citizenship Agreement and BYOD sheet that has been completed and signed. We view these devices as learning tools like many others we use in the classroom.  We will be continuing to encourage your children to share their learning with you using Seesaw.  

Litter Free Lunches

Baverstock Oaks School is an Enviro School and we encourage all staff and students to bring litter-free lunches. A litter-free lunch can be achieved by using reusable containers and bottles.

Important Dates to Remember: 

Friday 15 February: Full school assembly, 9am

Tuesday 19 February: Budding Branches Water Fun Day, 11.40am

Thursday 21 February: Meet the Families, 6pm

Friday 1 March: Full school assembly, 9am

Wednesday 13 March: School Picnic, 6pm

Friday 15 March: Full school assembly, 9am

Thursday 28 March: Parent Teacher Interviews, 1.30 – 8.00pm

Friday 29 March: Full school assembly, 9am

Friday 12 April: Full school ANZAC assembly, 9am

Last day of Term One

Teacher’s Email Addresses:

Year 3

Room 5: Miss Shabbot [email protected]

Room 6: Mrs Tito [email protected]

Room 7: Miss Donaldson [email protected]

Room 8: Miss van Niekerk [email protected]

Room 21: Mrs O’Brien (Whānau Leader) [email protected]

Year 4:

Room 13: Mr Tuli [email protected]

Room 14: Mr Gibbs [email protected]

Room 15: Miss Skipper (Whānau Leader) [email protected]

Room 16: Mrs Callaghan [email protected] 

Mrs Robberts [email protected]