31 July 2020
Kia ora parents and caregivers of Year 4 students
Welcome back to term 3. It was fabulous to meet with you at the Parent Teacher interviews at the end of term 2 to discuss goals for your child. We are looking forward to working together with you to help your child achieve their goals. We would like to thank you for your continued support in the first half of the year.
This term our Authentic Learning Inquiry is ‘Where is my place … in the world?’ This will have a focus on Flight and we will be learning about the basic principles of flight as a physical phenomenon.
In literacy we are continuing to focus on reading comprehension skills, in particular, using inference to understand and answer questions about a text. We will be learning to write persuasively, along with explanations linked into our ALI focus on flight.
For mathematics this term, we are continuing our inquiry maths journey. There will be an open morning on Friday the 14th of August. Please come along and see what inquiry maths is all about. Our focus for this term is algebra and geometry.
- PE gear should be brought to school every day
- Home learning – weekly spelling words, basic facts and times tables practice, daily reading (at least 20 minutes each day)
- Correct school uniform – if unsure please check the school website under Parent Information – check here
- Please check that all items of uniform are clearly labelled. This helps to ensure that lost items are returned promptly
- Recorders for Performing Arts lessons with Miss Carter – these should be kept in school bags
- Kelly Sports continues every Tuesday until the end of term
|Week 4|| Tuesday: Interschool Cross Country|
Friday: Inquiry Maths Morning
|Week 6||Tuesday: Mufti & Sausage Sizzle|
|Week 7|| Thursday: Blokes @ the Oaks|
Friday: Babes @ Baverstock
|Week 10||Friday: End of Term 3 (3pm)|
Kirsten Mackie, Jasmine Tito, Debbie Pillay, Jane Drury and Jeewan Cheema
Year 4 Teachers