Learning Assistant position (Teacher aide)
Applications close Wednesday 14 October 2020
Kia ora, Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Malo ni, Talofa lava, Tena koutou katoa and welcome.
Our school has quality staff, and learning support staff who are committed to working together with tamariki/ children and their whanau and community.
We work together to meet the needs of children with additional learning needs from a wide range of culture and neurodiverse backgrounds.
We strive to make the biggest difference we can for every child and young person have equitable access to the curriculum in Aotearoa and become lifelong learners.
So come and join our teaching team at Baverstock Oaks School especially if you:
- Want to make a difference for young learners with additional needs.
- Are a team player who can work well with a diverse range of people
- Are an excellent communicator
- Understanding of tikanga Maori would be a strong advantage
- Have experience of working with children with additional learning needs (preferable but not essential)
- Have a willingness to learn as on the job training/ supervision will be provided
- Are available to work during school hours.
- You are a NZ citizen or are a permanent resident.
The role would also suit you if you have, or are working towards an Education qualification.
This position is a fixed term position, part-time with variable hours and is based in our school.
If this opportunity interests you, please request the Job Description – contact the office of Baverstock Oaks on
Ph +64 9 2786741 or by email on: [email protected]