A school uniform helps students identify with their school and assists with the development of a corporate spirit. It also projects a positive image and develops pride in personal presentation.
A clear description of all uniform items is available at John Russell Schoolwear, see link above.
- Naming of all items of uniform clothing is compulsory.
- All staff have clear guidelines of appropriate standards and encourage students to take pride in their personal appearance.
- School uniform (rather than sports uniform) is to be worn to and from school.
- Boys black BOS socks pulled up to show bands.
- Girls white knee high or ankle socks, or black stockings.
- Shoulder length or longer, is expected to be tied back with a red, black or white hair tie.
- Unnatural colour or style, or extreme colouring or streaks and patches of colour, are not permitted.
Jewellery and Makeup
- Only a wristwatch may be worn.
- Students with pierced ears may wear one small plain stud in each ear lobe.
- Make-up is not permitted,
- Nail polish, if worn should be colourless.
- To be worn during terms 1 and 4 when outside for extended periods.
- Black leather school shoes or black sandals are to be worn.
- No sneakers are to be worn with uniforms, these are for sports times only.
Second Hand Uniform Shop
The second hand uniform shop is run by parents from our FAB (Friends at Baverstock – PTA). All proceeds made from the shop are given back to the school through FAB.
If you wish to donate your uniform to the shop, please bring it along to the school office during school hours. All donations are greatly appreciated.
Sale of all items is cash only at the time of purchase.
The shop is open once a month in Upper E block. Look out for the red sign in the window. If you have any requirements outside this time, please contact our friendly school office staff for information.
Look out for ‘pop up’ sales that may occur during the year.